Handcoloring workshop in the Atlanta Ga. area

ann

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The Spruill Art Center is proud to annouce the following opportunity

HAND COLORING WORKSHOP March 8/9 10:30-4:30

Long before color film or pixels, photographic oils were used to add color to B & W photographs. Come learn the how-to's behind this traditional art form! This class will focus on applying oils to darkroom-generated, silver gelatin prints, which will be provided for you. You will also learn how to use photo oils on inkjet prints. Workshop includes demonstrations, examples, a bit of history, color theory, and using a color wheel to help you choose your palette. $20 Supply Fee PAYABLE TO INSTRUCTOR at 1st class. Additional supplies needed, see Supply List at www.spruillarts.org. Class will break for lunch from 12:00-1:00pm both days

This workshop will be lead by Terri Sprinkle

For those out of town vistors arrangements may be made at a local hotel which will provide transportation to the art center. Information regarding this service may be found at www.spruillarts.org.

Thank you, Ann! I wasn't aware the site had been updated to include 2008 yet.

For those of you who have talked to me about this....here it is! We will have 2 days, a ton of info to go over, and we should have a great time.

I should add that I will be bringing fiber-based 8x10's for everyone to use (the focus will be on portrait and landscape), so no one has to pack any paper or think about printing for the class.

Of note: we'll also spend some time discussing hand coloring on inkjet prints, so digital users are more than welcome!

Feel free to PM me if you have questions about the workshop.

Very cool. I live in Atlanta. I'll put this on my calendar, and hopefully I can come and see you.

Very cool. I live in Atlanta. I'll put this on my calendar, and hopefully I can come and see you.
Then we're neighbors! I'd love to see you there.

Although the complete course info isn't up yet, you can still reserve a space online. Hope you can join us!

Terri, this sounds just so interesting. I only wish I could live near you to attend this special course. But I don't even find myself in the States. lol

I definitely wish to learn the stuff that would be covered in your class, as Ann briefly mentioned.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back