handheld self portrait PP C&C

Kofman13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
just a portrait of myself hand held hehe...
mostly opinions on processing needed as i know i missed the DoF on my chin.....:lmao:

DSC_0266.jpg

The tight,off-center framing on your cheeks doesn't feel quite right. You remind me of that young guy on NBC's Scrubs...

What method did you use to convert to monochrome? Onboard camera using a B&W program, using a physical optical filter - or - in processing through desaturation or using "channels" in Photoshop?

To me, it appears as though you used a blue channel filter, which would result in the dark, brooding feel and the dramatic contrast that's commonly associated with that filter when used in portraiture.

Which was it?

What method did you use to convert to monochrome? Onboard camera using a B&W program, using a physical optical filter - or - in processing through desaturation or using "channels" in Photoshop?

To me, it appears as though you used a blue channel filter, which would result in the dark, brooding feel and the dramatic contrast that's commonly associated with that filter when used in portraiture.

Which was it?

i shot it in-camera BW mode, then processing in CS5/Topaz

Not bad for a handheld self-portrait, though I'm not usually a fan of the blue tint. What strikes me as the most funny is the catchlight that looks like an exclamation point in one eye and an apostrophe in the other. I thought that was intentionally done, at first, lol.

Most reactions

Back