Handling Cancelled Weddings

Just a side note, I can't recall where I had heard this but it shoudl be called a "retainer" as opposed to a "deposit" because legally they can take a deposit back if no services are put through. Someone might want to ask a lawyer friend about that though :)

If it is in your contract stick to it (although as just stated, I would exempt that for reasons of death of the bride or groom or a military agenda). Jols, I hate to say it but if you are willing to allow your clients to walk all over you like a carpet even with something as innocent as this, you have little to nothing to fall back on when Mrs. Ex-Bride's best friend decides to let's say not pay you the full fee of her wedding as stated in the contract in 6 months down the road - because you obviously don't treat it as a legal obligation. (Oh.. and little just left the room)

i would just give them there money back and tell them im sorry.

What happens when someone decides they dont want you to do their wedding because their brother is going to do it for free? Would you give them back the money and say, Im sorry???

Most reactions

New Topics

Back