Handling queries

mygreenbird007

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Same old story - new to the business and I am looking for some advice. :)

Basically, I received a query about my services today and I'm not sure in what manner to respond. I shoot automotive part-time, so my first instinct is to put the price out front in the first response, but upon thinking about it further, I feel like I should ask for more information (car make, model, etc.). Do you offer your contract up front for review or wait for an agreement on price?

I'm overthinking things I'm sure, but I want to give the best impression possible. Appreciate any advice you all can offer!

What difference does the make and model make? You charge more for Fords? :lmao:

Seriously, location (travel time and cost), number of vehicles, and such should be what concerns you. And, yes, show your contract up front. For all you know there will be something in there the client does not like and you won't get the job so why wast your time haggling over price first. Do it all at the same time.

Lol - well, I like to study the car model a bit, sketch out lighting and plan my shoot. So, yes, it is important! (For - a rudimentary -example: If it's a super-charged Mustang, I might plan on engine or gauge shots.)

That makes sense - thank you for the input!

Ok, so I guess that should go with the list of the client's expected shots. Or do you shoot whatever you want and hope that they like the results?

To me, when you discuss a potential job, you talk of all the different aspects at the same time. Image expectation, contract, rates, usage, etc. The contract you show will of course have a lot of blanks until the details of the jobs have been figure out and you can fill them in.

Hope that helps.

Thank you - that does help! I have generally shot what I can in the location, but it can't hurt to get an idea of desired shots with the disclaimer that I can't be held responsible if conditions do not permit it or I am unable to get the shot.

Thank you! I'm just starting out, so I don't have too much work under my belt yet.

Ah, yes, I adore that thread! I've spent hours going through it. His post-processing work is phenomenal.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back