Happy Birthday little chinese girl

THORHAMMER

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
IMG_6509.jpg

Hehe, I like it, she looks like she'd rather be sleeping... very cute! Perhaps a little brighter might help lift it a little? Gorgeous pic though!!

hey i was just wondering i m not sure what its like over in america etc, but in australia they have made it illegal to take photos of your children in public places:eek: is there rules like that over there?

It looks like there's a pretty heavy blue color cast. I'll bet shifting her top to be more pure white will help make the image pop. I'd also lighten the image a bit using curves.

Cute kid. :D

Yeah go for it, Thanks in advance....:thumbup:

the problems im having with these pics is it was inside a sushi buffet and the lights were actually inside a dark dark blue lamp.. and those were the only lights...lol

I had to shoot iso 400, and because of time restraints I couldnt do RAW.

I set my white balance to a napkin, and it helped, so, the pic is actually exactly as it looked in there.,....

I SO need to fix the color curves on all these shots....lol

I will always shoot raw in these situations from now on, I learned my lesson ...

You usually want to color balance to the light you are using if you don't want a cast. If you hold the napkin under the blue light when you do the white balance, you should get true whites, not bluish ones.

It could probably use some more tweaking, but here's a quick edit.

IMG_6509-mod.jpg

I like what you have done, although it is a tad over on the orange/yellow side

I was researching and I think what happened is 2 things..

1. the lighting was so ambient that when you are under the light it is very different than inbetween the lamps...

2. I think that the white balance feature is more geared towards correcting
mis-interpreted tones ie. flourescent coming our yellow/green etc....
But when its a problem of the actual light is casting an actual color you
can see with your eyes then you have a bigger problem...

My point is that my custom white balance did its job correctly as it produced the light exactly as it was.....If it can do more than that please tell me how!!!! I will do it.....

I gave it a quick go and tried to get it right in the middle... what do you think?
IMG_6509%20%282%29.jpg

I agree mine is a bit red. Yours looks a bit green. I think either is better than the blue. With the difference in taste and monitor calibration, I think that's all you can really say.

The usual intent of using the white balance feature is to get a pure white under whatever color light the subject is in, not to accurately represent the colored lighting. To do that, you would need to set the white balance to match your monitor calibration.

I think you are right...
Maybye there are certain situations in which it is impossible to get real white, just a limitation I have to get used to...

but i sure wish there was a way!!!!!

where do you think is the best place for me to shoot my sample for the cust. white bal.?

maybye I should shoot inbetween the lights not directly under it...?

I just want to do less work in processing for these "less artistic" gigs.....if possible......

Cute shot... I'm constantly amazed at what you all can do with some nice PSing..... I have yet to experience that.... dang.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back