Happy Girls

sarahp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sarahpetriephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We had a few days of rare warm March weather in Michigan, so I took my daughters out for a quick session. I'm an on-location photographer, so I've had a very slow last few months & I need to brush off the cobwebs. Here's what we got... Any CC is welcome & appreciated.

031709-3web.jpg

031709-2web.jpg

031709-4web.jpg

031709-1web.jpg

Those are all very nice ... a touch light on my monitor ... but that lightness works with the overall image. These are little jewels to be shared later when the girls are all grown up. On a technical side, I'd square up the horizontal lines, the steps in the top three seem to be slightly tilted and give a tiny bit of a selective burn/darkening to the girls.

Gary

These rock - I love the colors - everything! Great emotion too - and in my opinion that is crucial to a great image.

I would also straigten the stairs in the shot with the girls laughing but everything else looks great :)

Lovely. Higher key works so well for these and so much personality through the shots.

The only criticism really is that the edge contrast is almost too much around the denim skirt (esp in the last shot) -- I do this all of the time and the prints look fine, it's just when you shrink things down for the web, the super-sharp full size will sometimes produce that. Minor, minor thing unless those images are going somewhere big as their shrunk versions.

Thanks so much for the comments. I never would've picked up on the contrast issues w/ the skirt, rufus, but you're right! Thanks for pointing it out to me.

I'll recrop & straighten before I print! :) Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back