happy new year

fightheheathens

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i took these well, not on any new year,
but it was the day of the San Francisco Chinese New Year Parade.
This was my first outing with my new (old) Nikon FM2n and the 50mm 1.4.
I do have to say, shooting the parade in this huge crowd at night with bad lighting, no auto settings (including focus) and mostly having to hold the camera over my head and hope that exposure and focus were right were probably the hardest conditons i have shot in. i was actually supprised i got one or two decent photos.
(if you look at the parade shots, notice the focus is exactly in the middle of the street in every shot...:lol: )
Also for some of the street shots i went with shooting from the hip. Having only a 50mm lens meant i had to get pretty close to get the shots and well, i didnt feel comfortable pointing and shooting...i need the comfort of 300mm....

comments appreciated
bighead1.jpg

dragon.jpg

dragonhead.jpg

chineseman.jpg

drumm1.jpg

drumm3.jpg

drumm4.jpg

drummgirl.jpg

9. I think this one needs a crop, but im not sure where to put it. i like the heart and the girl and her parents, however i think it needs to be less centered. (This was a hip shot hence the very centeredness)
littlegirl.jpg

I like them, although some appear to be a little shaky. #9 is my favorite, and I don't think it needs a crop. But it's a pitty that a part of the heart is cut off!

Oh, and the colors are really nice (expect #2, which looks a little underexposed).

I really like number 9, the colors are fantastic and at a first quick glance it almost looks like a reflection on the heart, not a painting. :p Union Square?

Most reactions

Back