Happy statue at Hase-dera Temple

EOV

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$image.jpg

My wife and I got to visit my sister and her husband in Japan in March. One week after we got back we closed on our house. So I am finally getting around to editing and posting some of them. Here is my first one. A happy little statue at a the Buddhist temple Hase-dera in Kamakura.

Nice statues. Very modern but also very warm in impression. Picture itself doesn't have the tight crop I would expect. :lol:. Seriously, I would get very low and much closer just to eliminate distractions like the tree in the BG, which is too sharp like for me.

You know me, you really know me. I actually did crop this one down some to cut out a few distractions. I also did bump up the sharpness some. Are you suggesting to back down some?

:D I think sharpness is fine (not that crazy about it in general). just too many things are sharp in the picture. Too much of DoF.
Something like that (LoL my edit)
$happy_blur.jpg

Last edited:
I completely agree with timor and his edit... just, please, do better then he illustrated ;)

Ok I got what you are saying. Obviously I can't go back and reshoot this one very quickly but I definitely know how to improve next time. I really appreciate the comments.

Personally I like the backround and would leave it as is but I agree a shallower DOF would be preffered.
Love the little statue, just a good vibe about it :)

I completely agree with timor and his edit... just, please, do better then he illustrated ;)
:lol: Off course. It was just an illustration to idea of separating the subject from surroundings.

Most reactions

Back