HAPPY THANKSGIVING U.S. MEMBERS

Big Bully

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just wanted to take a minute and wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. I wish you have a happy and safe holiday. :hug::

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Wish me luck as I start to prepare a turkey tonight around midnight. I'm sure I'll be around posting late into the evening hours as I wait to get the bird in the oven.

3.gif
Y'all:D

Yes, to each one of you here on TPF, and to those you care about most, please have a safe, family oriented HAPPY Thanksgiving.

I don't mean to preach (although I will about this), but each one of us likely has someone we know, or who is in our family, that we don't expect for them to still "be here" this time next year, and there will always be those surprises (both ways, those who hang around longer, and those who pass on unexpectedly).

Think about choosing someone in your circle of family or friends that you don't see much, and spend a little time with them, take them to lunch, go to the mall to watch people, let them tag along with you when you shoot pics, or something to make their day special.

Take some pics of them to give to others, or just to remember.

That time spent will be memorable to them, as well as to you, and the longer time passes the more precious those memories might be.

I did this with my dad for about 5 years straight, but one of those times turned out to be his last Holiday Season (in 1986). In one of the pictures he is absolutely beaming with joy about "our day" together, just the two of us, doing whatever he wanted to do.

Still brings me warm memories.

Anyone can spend some money on someone else, find someone you care about and give them a little of you precious time.

Try it, you might like it.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Patrick, that's a lovely thought. I just lost my grandfather last month and I wish I had been closer to him. I did visit him a few times a year, but I feel like I should have done more.

Now that I'm a 17 hour drive to my closest relatives, I will certainly make the most of the time I have with them when we get it. I'll see them in less than a month and I'll remember to take lots of photos.

Thank you for your post.

Patrick, that's a lovely thought. I just lost my grandfather last month and I wish I had been closer to him. I did visit him a few times a year, but I feel like I should have done more.

Now that I'm a 17 hour drive to my closest relatives, I will certainly make the most of the time I have with them when we get it. I'll see them in less than a month and I'll remember to take lots of photos.

Thank you for your post.

Whatever forums I am a member of, I post this every year. I often get positive comments about something memorable happening because someone took some time...

BTW Shana banana - your name does okay in the "Name Game"

Shana, Shana bo Bana, Bonana fanna fo Fana
Fee fy mo Mana, Shana!

lol

Let's Eat, i just finished cooking corn souffle and sweet pototo casserole

What are you bringing

large.jpg
Wow, good work!! (What time should I be there for dinner?)

Happy Thanksgiving to our neighbours to the south.

Happy Bird Day to all from the Lower Canada! errm... I mean the US!

Be safe!

Enjoy this holiday everyone and please be thankful for all that you have. Happy Thanksgiving.:hug::

Most reactions

New Topics

Back