TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
127web.jpg

Last edited:
Updated image

Looks very good.
i love the reflections on suzy q with the shadow lines.

I appreciate the comment, many people don't really like this type of image.

Marc, I'm going to give my honest opinion here, as I know how particular you can be with your images.
For a viewer who does not have that rock in the neighbourhood, it is a 'subject'. The boat in the foreground is a 'subject'. For someone not familiar with the area, you now have a subject overlapping a subject and fighting for attention. Creates tension I think.
The other technical aspects of the image are good, its just that battle going on...

Marc, I'm going to give my honest opinion here, as I know how particular you can be with your images.
For a viewer who does not have that rock in the neighbourhood, it is a 'subject'. The boat in the foreground is a 'subject'. For someone not familiar with the area, you now have a subject overlapping a subject and fighting for attention. Creates tension I think.
The other technical aspects of the image are good, its just that battle going on...

That's a good call - no need for hesitancy! You're right, I clearly see the collision now that you point it out. I was always looking to place the rock in an image to attract tourist sales - which in turn caused me to lose perspective.

I sincerely appreciate the critique.

Marc

I would have said the same as SympL. I thought that at first, then saw that he stated the same as I was thinking.

As for your comment, "many people don't really like this type of image," if you are talking images of boats at harbor or tied up at the dock, then I'll state that I don't follow the masses. I love them and without the distraction in the background, this would be a good one.

............................without the distraction in the background, this would be a good one.

Yep, some images work and some just don't. Thanks for taking the time to add your comments.

Marc

Good range of tones, Marc, highlights controlled, I agree about the background detracting from the main subject.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back