Hard choices and definate plans for this year

Bobly - would be great to come storm chasing :)
provided that the storms did not case us!

gonna need you to pay for the ticket though.... ;)

Ah they only chase you sometimes. My hard choice for the year has been to keep on saving for goodies. For me to not impulse buy is the hardest thing. THough I do plan on picking up the 14-24 Nikkor. I dont have any nice WA zooms.

I'd make sure that we were chasing them and them not chasing us...

I would be tempted to do that actually... It's fun having others go out with me.

Someone to hold the umbrella for you? ;)

be carefull though - oneday I might start traveling with my camera! Current times though I am mostly stuck at either home or uni - perhapse after that - though the current world finances are not helping things along much :(

Someone to hold the umbrella for you? ;)

be carefull though - oneday I might start traveling with my camera! Current times though I am mostly stuck at either home or uni - perhapse after that - though the current world finances are not helping things along much :(

Haha... no, so that you can enjoy seeing a tornado/storm cell upclose and personal. Although, that would be nice if someone would hold up an unbrella for me...

Yeah a friend of mine and I were driving through the pan handle of Tx and, saw a tornado off to the south of I-40. He was born and raised in Az and, had never saw one. It was kind of cool because it didnt have anything to hit in that area.

Well just got something that was not on the original list but early tests indecate that I really really like it!
Its a flexi LED torch (this one if your interested: https://www.amazon.co.uk:443/s/ref=...&field-keywords=Rolson+Tools+60736+7+&x=0&y=0

its small, light and I think I have spots on me eyes from blinding myself with it.
But what is it for you might ask? Well (again its another stolen macro idea) the concept is to use the LED to act as a spot light for focusing the macro lens, since often (especialy if one goes beyond 1:1 magnification) focusing is dim and tricky, with the light clipped into the lenshood and the light adjusted to give light at the point of focus it makes focusing much easier.
At the moment I think something much stronger than its supplied clip is needed to hold it onto the hood - I am thinking either a few good elastic bands or (as the case may be) tape! to hold it on. The other trick is turning it on and off, at the moment I have not done many tests, so I will see if the LED does need to be turned off for shooting or if its light (Bright as it is) is not enough to affect exposures. A quick test has shown that with the LED alone and no flash support a macro shot will be totally underexposed (based on f13, ISO 200, 1/200sec settings).

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
grr sigma price rises - my resolve is wavering -
sigma 70mm macro
sigma 10-20mm
both are looking at me (well sort of ;))
but if I go for either that hits the MPE chances (which is also price jumping :() add to that the fact that one lens is just a shorter focallength macro to play with and the other needs me to be in the north (or at least Wales) for inspiring landscapes (to my minds eye)..

madness - G.A.S. and pricerises - they are driving me mad

I wonder - do I really need to eat? how long could I go without food?
not long enough I fear

I know where there might be a 10-20 at the old price ;-)

your like a personal drug dealer! ;)

Most reactions

Back