Hard Times C&C Please

stsinner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some places in Gardner, Massachusetts that have fallen on hard times. I used my Tamron 55-200 lens for these:

02_16_2009_7233.jpg

02_16_2009_7238.jpg

02_16_2009_7239.jpg

02_16_2009_7247.jpg

02_16_2009_7245.jpg

More urban blight! Sorry to see it.

3 and 4 are leaning to the left a little bit.. make sure you watch your horizons..

Duly noted. I tried to straighten them, but since I was to the side of each and not hitting them head-on, I think what you're seeing there is called perspective, if I remember right from art class.

More urban blight! Sorry to see it.

Yeah, and this town has plenty of it. Luckily, I live in a bedroom community where there aren't many businesses to go out of it, but the few that are here are struggling.

Hey man!

Gardner is hard times by definition. Poor town.

I like the subject but somehow the framing doesn't always work for me. I tend to want to crop it in a bit. Like that last one, take it down to just the line of objects on the bottom... or maybe look for some vertical things with more interest.

With decay sometimes you want to look for more detailed shots, patterns and textures.

BTW, I think your treatment of some may have been a little over-aggressive. They look a bit washed out to me.

BTW, I think your treatment of some may have been a little over-aggressive. They look a bit washed out to me.

Thanks for the post.. I did add, "Film grain" to two of them to make them look like pictures from a by-gone era. Maybe I over did it.

I like #1 the best. Nice shots.

I like #1 the best. Nice shots.

Thanks, I appreciate the compliment. I thought the dilapidated wood atop this building made it a prim candidate for a dated look.

Great concept and good eye.

I'm thinking they are a bit over-exposed, kinda bright.
The first one is my favorite.

I would of loved to see some closer and angled shots of #5, the doors, garage doors, bricks on the wall,...

Most reactions

Back