Hard Work - Life in Amish Country

micatlady

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well, tried some different film, decided I don't care for the results, but these shots were salvagable. Actually I kinda like them, let me know what you think.

AmishManSM.jpg

AmishMan4SM.jpg

AmishMan3SM.jpg

AmishMan2SM.jpg

Antarctican

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Cool series. I like #2 the best. There are some Mennonite communities about an hour's drive from Toronto and I always like to see the different way they live, but am reluctant to openly snap their photo. Looks like you were able to do it from a respectable distance. Thanks for sharing the pics.

OP
micatlady

micatlady

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Thanks, #2 is my favorite too. I like the manure kicking up and the horses pulling. We have quite a large Mennonite population in the area (I shop at a Mennonite store quite frequently and love it), but we also have quite a few Amish. Both the Mennonites and the Amish are wonderful people. I feel lucky to have become friends with some of them. I don't know this gentleman but he was very kind and stopped to pose when he noticed me. Of course I thanked him and complimented him on his team. My photos really don't do those horses justice, they were truely beautiful creatures.

woodsac

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.around395.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Nice shots. I also like #2.
If you crop off the white house on the right side of #4, I might prefer that one ;)

OP
micatlady

micatlady

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Thanks woodsac, ya know I actually did that and found I didn't like it when I did. The tree was gone too and it just seemed off somehow. Nice to know someone else thinks like I do though too.

Randog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Nice work! I like #2 and #4 as well. What different life that would be.

Most reactions

New Topics