Has anyone heard of this program???

Enem178

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.kwaltonphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I get a call from a lady looking to hire me to do some freelance work in NYC a couple days a week. I told her im available and asked what the job required. She said I had to use apple and that I also had to know the program "apple light phase 1". She works for a cooperation that hires photographers for work so I thought she might have been mistaken and meant to say adobe lightroom but she said it was called "light phase 1". Has anyone heard of this program and if so is it used for editing for magazines entries or something??? If this is a common requirement I want to familiarize myself with it ASAP, because I dont want to turn down anymore jobs!! Thanks in advance for all your help! Ron

A quick Google turned up nothing, therefore it does not exist.

Just say sure :)

Maybe!! Im going to look into that.. If that's it then I didn't have a chance anyway because I don't have a medium format camera...and I have no plans of purchasing one either!! LOL Thx Dots!

Haven't heard "LightPhase" for a while. LightPhase is rather old hat - a Phase One back and software from ten years ago (?). Capture One is current, as suggested by dots.

Best,
Helen

Wow thanks Helen!! Is Capture One something you think I should familiarize myself with if I plan on doing freelance work? Also can I use it to edit regular dslr photos not just medium format? Btw I use photoshop which I thought was the standard in photo editing?? Thx again!

From what I remember, LightPhase only opens raw files from certain digital backs. When CaptureOne came out they had a pro version that supported other raw formats. If they are using the older program then you may be required to shoot medium format with a compatible digital back. Or the lady you spoke to is HR and is working with outdated info. They may very well use CaptureOne now with professional DSLRs as apposed to medium format backs. If you can use adobe's raw converter in PS or LR then you can use CaptureOne.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back