Has Anyone Heard of Trash The Dress after the Wedding Photoshoots?

zendianah

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.zenphotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey there.. I had an interesting request. I am very new and I was asked to shoot a Trash the Dress after the wedding shoot. Has anyone ever heard of this? If so does anyone have any pictures? ideas?

I've heard of it...but have never shot it or even seen it done. I would love to though...I think it's a fantastic idea. Much better than keeping the dress is the closet for the next 40 years.

Check this site out http://trashthedress.com/

A Google search turned up plenty of things to look at.

I think thats a GREAT idea. Well.. Im trashing this girls dress.. and I'll let you guys see the photos... We are doing this at Garden of the Gods.. I'm doing it for free cause I think its frinkin cool ... and I havent heard anyone doing this around here..Thank GOD for dry cleaners...I'm waiting on a call from her...

I think thats a GREAT idea. Well.. Im trashing this girls dress.. and I'll let you guys see the photos... We are doing this at Garden of the Gods.. I'm doing it for free cause I think its frinkin cool ... and I havent heard anyone doing this around here..Thank GOD for dry cleaners...I'm waiting on a call from her...
Garden of the Gods! What a great place to take pictures, especially wedding pictures. I used to live down the street form GotG and could see it out of my front window. That was one place I could not get enough of. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Anytime AFTER July 15th I can trash her dress. I'm VERY excited..

She wants a rain shot. How would I go about protecting the equipment. I just purchased a Nikon D200. Is there anything I can cover it with? I hope this isn't a dumb question I have never shot in the rain.

Anytime AFTER July 15th I can trash her dress. I'm VERY excited..

She wants a rain shot. How would I go about protecting the equipment. I just purchased a Nikon D200. Is there anything I can cover it with? I hope this isn't a dumb question I have never shot in the rain.

1. Umbrella
2. Get under shelter if you can, and shoot into the rain (but you are not in it)
3. Put your camera in a plastic bag with only a small hole for the lens to poke out.

Those are the only tips I know of, obvious though they may be!

Thats what I was thinking.. but I was hoping that maybe there was new jedi equpment that can protect my camera equipment... :(

Thanks for the response.. I will post pictures after the trash your dress shoot.

that camera is supposed to be weather sealed but when I have a rainy day I stick an umbrella in my jacket pocket n nip it in my armpit while shooting, works a treat.

Wow! I was going to agree with morydd, but that looks like too much fun! I can't wait to see the pictures.

Thanks mike.. Thats more up my alley !!

Juno Love the suggestion. Im really excited about this shoot. I wish I had my wedding dress... I would totally trash it !!! It would have just sat there.

Anyone have a wedding dress for sale? Mike ? just kidding.. :) Hate me yet?

Well, my wife's dress is just taking up valuable closet space....I'd send it to you but I value my life :D

Most reactions

Back