has anyone seen

thanks to Alex_B and the others for setting everything straight for me ...

now ready to get back to fun, afterall that's what I was looking for to begin with anyway!

I was reminded of this thread today. Seems the same people also do Nikon's UK advertising... the latest magazine ad goes like this...
---
"We got ahead of the competition.

The 6.1 megapixel D40.

Now we're getting ahead of ourselves.

The 10.2 megapixel D40x."
--
Got ahead in what? The race to remove features?

Is this what they mean by "chutzpah"? ;)

Geeze we went from nikon (spit) bashing to American language bashing... My how quickly we degenerated.

Not that quickly; you guys have been misspelling words for at least two hundred years. :wink:

Yes, I am bored and boosting my post count :lol:

Must not bother them too much, they paid for the advertisement.

I was amazed by the fact that nikon as much as said buy our camera and you don't have to do anything else to be competent photographer. You no longer have to bother with that pesky learning what to do stuff. Buy a nikon d40 and shoot like a pro. They didn't say the last they just insinuated it.

Another step toward high resolution mediocrity at best. Whoring yourself out for a buck at worst. Sure Sure we all do it. I'm just surprised they would try to move buyers up with that kind of know nothing advertising. How about going with "When you are ready for the next step in photography nikon has the affordable solution for you," approach. It would stike me a lot better than buy and nikon and instantly shoot like an experienced photographer. After all it all about the camera.

Gee I gots to get me a camera like that.

Well no offense, but duh, it's an advertisment, it would be silly if they didn't say such things if they are trying to market a DSLR to people that normally use point and shoots.

Well hey, it doesn't have to bother you... lol... it might bother guys who work their ass off to shoot like a pro, and use their high end cameras but then again maybe not... It's a question for debate duh,,,,

No offense taken by the way hope you don't take any either.

Most reactions

Back