Has anyone used photographers market book

Dagwood56

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was just wondering if any of you have ever used\had luck with "The photographers Market buying guide"? They have outdated versions at my local library, and if it works like the Writers Market buying guides, of which I have bought several over the years, much of the book's info is outdated by the time they hit the market. So just wondering if any of you have used this book to sell any of your photos and had any luck doing so. Been thinking of trying to get a copy, but don't want to blow the money if it's not worth it help wise.

Thanks.

I have extensively used the "2008 Photographers Market" published by Writers Digest Books. Not sure if it is the same thing. At any rate it has paid for it it's self to say the least. Lots of contacts. Too bad it does not necessarily tell you the correct way to contact potential clients. That is another story.

Big up for taking the initiative. Waiting for the phone to ring is about the worst marketing plan ever.

Love & Bass

Yes that is the book I was referring to by writers digest. I never found the writers market to be very helpful, then again perhaps I wasn't trying hard enough - writing is a bit different that selling photos. I'll have to see if I can pick up a copy of the '09 phtotographers Market. Thanks

Most reactions

Back