Has Maximum Upload Size Changed?

VidThreeNorth

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I tried uploading a 1720 x 1145 Quality 2 JPEG with a file length of 2.25MB and it failed as too big. But I have seen larger files than this successfully uploaded before. Have you changed the maximum file size?

I will resize again and try tomorrow.

I was wondering the same thing.
And I can't find anywhere that the max file size allowed is stated.

This pops up when you upload to the Gallery but there must be a bug - it won't take a 2535 x 3797 5.87MB jpg.

Upload a file from your computer. (Max 14.6 MB):
Accepted file types:

jpg, jpeg, gif, png, jpe
Max image width:

6,000 pixels
Max image height:

6,000 pixels

Yikes! Tell the boss that someone has made a mistake! 6,000 pixels? That would be something like 100 x 60. I'll wait a few days to do my upload.

It didn't post correctly - 6000 pixels in each direction

Thanks, hopefully it will be fixed soon....

Are the settings different between the Gallery and the regular forum posts? I am trying to upload to a Pentax forum topic. Well that and lately I have been trying to upload into the "testing" forum.

I don't know. I rarely upload directly, preferring to link from Flickr of morgueFile.

2256 x 1496 // 1.38MB is OK for uploading to both the Gallery and forum threads.

file0001528429159.jpg

Hmm. Ok. I'll drop to a lower detail level and try again. Maybe the length has to be below 1.5 MB now...

I reduced both size and quality and brought the files down and everything went ok.

Glad to see I'm not the only one having trouble with this...has anyone figured out the limit? I've been able to upload by trial and error (currently at 1.4 MB), but it would be handy to know the numbers for future reference.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back