Has this been posted already? SLR simulator?

The app surely will improve folk's FB upload pics

That's a pretty good one. The Tripod option is cool. So is having built-in camera shake and 2 subject motion speeds.

That's the first f/2.8 constant aperture 18-55 mm lens I've ever seen. (It's not a real lens folks. Don't be asking where you can buy one for your DSLR. :lol:)

To bad we can't add any fill light,

Here is a simpler one - The SimCam: Film and Digital Camera Simulator - Photonhead.com

Last edited:
yes, did so myself, more than once ( i think)

I always recommend it to my students and encourage them to use it daily for several weeks. I wish i knew how to do that in real time in class.

I saw this web app a while ago. It was much more primitive. They've added a lot more features and "realism" I guess you could say so that beginners get a better idea of what's wrong with the photo.

Get a wind machine and pay a young girl......

They make systems so you can project what is on your computer screen.

I saw this web app a while ago. It was much more primitive. They've added a lot more features and "realism" I guess you could say so that beginners get a better idea of what's wrong with the photo.

Indeed a lot more has been added to it from when it started. That said I'm not sure about adding a brightness setting for the ambient light. I know it increases what the setup can show, but - eh - it just felt rather limited on options for showing any shot outside of really sunny conditions.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back