hassleblad or canon xt?

jimaroo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey you guys i want to get a digital camera for portraits.(and other pics)
i know i little bit about them, and was thinking about getting the canon rebel xt. its 8 mp and it's not too expencive.but i was also thinking about getting a medium format camera. i saw some hassleblads on ebay, but i also saw some copys.
just wondering what you guys think would be the best, in your opinion, on witch one i should get.

any advise would be apreciated.

thanks

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
would they both be used for those portraits? what kind of portraits do you shoot? If you have a slow paced processing style and can take a more relaxed workflow, then the hassleblad would be a nice choice since the image quality would be a large amount better. if you do portraits that don't get printed above 11x14 or 12x18, i'd say the rebelxt (unless you'd like to shoot film). it also might be a good choice to go with the xt if you need the photos done as quickly as possible and need a fast workflow. it's kinda relative...

DocFrankenstein

Clinically Insane?
Reaction score
Should I wear black or white today?

How are you going to use the cameras? I ended up with both. I use digital for learning and film for projects and more "serious" stuff... don't have a hassy yet, only a medium format yashica.

Most reactions

New Topics