Hate to ask but need some pricing help

SoulfulRecover

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A local rapper wants to do an in studio shoot and use the image/s for his album cover and posters. This is more on the commercial side of things which I am not experienced with in terms of pricing. I have my retail work down but this is entirely different. From my understanding he is local not national and is moderately known in the austin texas area. I dont want to rip him off but I also do not want to sell myself short. Anyone have any advice on where to begin?

:er:

This is about the toughest sort of pricing there is, since even though you know the use, you don't really know the quantity. I would be inclined to license it on a sliding scale for every 'X' images, based on his intended "pressing". Say, $1000 for the first 10,000 covers, another $500 for the next 10,000, and so on. At the same time however, I have a serious soft spot for starting artists (even if I can't stand their art), and I would probably be more likely to settle on prices of half that it if it were me.

Try asking him? How big he thinks he is? How many he plans on selling or whatever. And tell him you don't want to rip him off but you are also here to make money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back