Haunted Tour

WNK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
For my birthday, I went on a tour of Haunted Ottawa. We heard ghost stories about all of the haunted places around the city, which was very cool. Later, I took these shots of some of the sites we had visited...

e420d463830c362f7166dd8f4c6f409b.jpg

On the left side of the canal, near the background is a 3-story building, the Bytown Museum, which is supposedly one of the most haunted places in Ottawa. The ghosts of Colonel By and Duncan McNab supposedly both haunt this building, and while we were there we heard our fair share of bumps, creaks, and unexplained sounds. On the third floor, the bottom half of a Dutch door slammed shut behind us, with no apparent cause. It was a very eerie place to be.

The large building on the right side of the canal is the Chateau Laurier, which is supposedly haunted by Charles Hays, who commissioned its building but never saw it completed. He was killed in the Titanic disaster while on his way over to attend the grand opening.

f41fd4c50ec1e89e0a182c2eb0afc811.jpg

And who ever heard of a haunted fountain? Apparently, this one is haunted by the spirit of a man who was killed and fell into it before it was brought over to Canada from London.

I'd highly recommend the Haunted Walk to anyone that happens to be in Ottawa from May through October; it was a very fun time, and we managed to freak ourselves out quite a bit!

There's supposed to be a few haunted places in my city. I went to the "most haunted" one...and it was a bunch of bologna. If you google "Texas Road" in Windsor Ontario...you'll see all these stories...
You go, and it's like a hiking trail between two highways with a bunch of garbage...lol

Nicely done Wendy....happy belated birthday btw. . I did this tour in the summer, at midnight. It was pretty cool. Diggin your images too. Did you get to see the jail, and the face in the school window.

Nice images Wendy! I love the old brick buildings by the canal (where you took the first pic). Sounds like a fun tour. Thanks for sharing.

Nicely done Wendy....happy belated birthday btw. . I did this tour in the summer, at midnight. It was pretty cool. Diggin your images too. Did you get to see the jail, and the face in the school window.

Nope, not on this tour. A friend of ours went on that one the same night. Unfortunately, they only run through October, so looks like I'll have to wait till May for the next ones

Most reactions

New Topics

Back