have any of you ever had a colonoscopy before?

good luck ... u'll be fine :)

just do it, so u wont have problems later ... most young people could give a dam about their health ... stuff like that comes back to haunt u 20 yrs from now in a different form :? ... it'll be over before u know it :wink:

metroshane said:
No anal for at least 48 hrs after.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

md

metroshane said:
That's much more practical advice than "good luck".

but what i want to know is...would you really wait that long?

just kidding...

md

how about 48 YEARS? and then if i live that long, i'll start another 48 years after that. ;-)

the only thing i'm going to be at all interested in upon leaving the hospital is getting something to EAT! i'm so hungry i want to cry.

i finished drinking the whole gallon of that crud in like an hour and 20 minutes. so that whole process took way less time than i thought it would. now i'm just waiting for tomorrow morning to roll around so that i'm that much closer to fooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

this is why i could never do one of those survivor shows. i'd be a security risk for them. i'd turn cannibal if i had to. :evil:

and my dad forgot i was doing all this crap (no pun intended) today and he just got home from work and walked in here and said "so what's for dinner?"

ARGH!!

so other than being really nauseous (which i've got medicine for) it wasn't/isn't too bad.

carlita,

im soo sorry you had to go through that!! how many was it? i went 16 times before it quit. yikes.

good luck tommorrow, we will be thinking of you and your colon.

md

MDowdey said:
carlita,

im soo sorry you had to go through that!! how many was it? i went 16 times before it quit. yikes.

good luck tommorrow, we will be thinking of you and your colon.

md

hahahaha... my colon is very appreciative. ;-)

and i hate to disappoint, but... i didn't keep count. :p

ummmmmm, okay. so anyway.

all done.

the "good stuff" they gave me was not very good. :no smile: i felt a little drunk, but other than that i was awake, watching the monitor and wondering what part of my intestines i was really lookin at, tensing up now and then when something would hurt.... uh huh. not happy about it at all.

in the recovery room my mom was surprised how awake i was cause i was talknig to her and i had told her i was going to ask them when they finished the procedure what time it was to see if i'd be able to remember it later. she said "so did you ask them the time?" and i said "yes... 7:40." that's when the nurse lady walked in and my mom asked her if it was normal that i would be so alert and whatnot and the lady said something to the effect of "not usually, but with a few people that can happen."

and they evidently gave me more drugs than they gave my mom when she had hers done and my mom couldn't even dress herself afterward. she and my dad were both like in bed all day and woozy and stuff for several hours afterward. i was up walkin around, talkin, eatin and feelin like crap within about 30 minutes. :-?

so the results: well, good news pretty much. from the doctor's point of view anyway. they didn't really find much, but clearly i have an irritable bowel. they did some biopsies from my small intestine (and apparently they normally don't even look up there for this procedure) to test me for crohn's disease which i doubt i have. so, basically just IBS. which in turn means there's really not a lot they can do.

i was soooooooooo hoping this would put and end to all the mystery and there'd be some medicine they could give me for whatever they found and i'd start feeling better soon. and it doesn't look like that's going to happen. :(

but... i survived. there's that much at least.

Poor girl....but at least you have some kind of diagnosis you can live with, I mean, it's better than hearing: "there's a mysterious growth we had to biopsy".... right???

Sounds like you soldiered your way through stoically. And now you get to try a buch of drugs for IBS. :puke-rig: atta girl!!!! :salute:

Most reactions

Back