Have I reached the limit of my equipment?

I like to think that creativity is a limiting factor. I view lenses as tools for specific jobs, not items that unlock some special quality in a camera or a photo. Having said that, stretch yourself with the lens you have while saving for whatever lens you want. Why not try close up photography or sports or portraiture with the lens you have now? Something will click and you'll be flooded with inspiration and new challenges to your photography. In golf, my friends and I have a saying: "It's never the arrow, it's always the hunter!" You really can't buy a better game, and you can always practice more!! It's great to run up against these blocks to "better" and it's always awesome to get past them.

What f/stop was the #2 taken at? It looks to me like it might have been shot with focus at say 20 ft and the lens too wide open. For a shot like that I would calculate the hiper focal point at say f/11. That usually gives me a sharp image.

Well, you are missing a whole lot if that's all you are doing in ACR. You will find that your image is cleaner and clearer if you use the curves instead of using only that first tab.

Ok I updated the OP with the photo info now that I'm at home. But here it is as well...

Photo #1

Shutter Speed: 1/60
F-Stop: 4.5
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 32mm

Photo #2
Shutter Speed: 1/160
F-Stop: 11
ISO: 100
Focal Length: 29mm

Take the UV filter off your lens, it is simply robbing your lens of contrast, introducing reflections, and reducing the overall light transmission. Your lens hood is a much better tool for protecting your lens and controlling stray light sweeping across the front of your lens.

+1

and throw it in the garbage =)

Most reactions

Back