Have QUESTIONS and need some help please...

bmiller

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
New to the site. I am needing some help with my questionsPLEASE:

1) I have seen "backdrops" that look like walls w/ a baseboard and different colors and or patterns on what would be the "wall". Is it fabric or paper? Where do I get the material? How do I get that look? How do I physically make it? Is it clamped to a board? Can someone explain?

2) What about the ceiling tile look? How is that achieved?

3) Any recommendations on photo labs to send my files to for printing photos for clients? Reasonable rates?

4) Recommendations on someone to use as a printer for announcements etc.?

thank you in advance!

New to the site. I am needing some help with my questionsPLEASE:

1) I have seen "backdrops" that look like walls w/ a baseboard and different colors and or patterns on what would be the "wall". Is it fabric or paper? Some backdrop makers offer backdrops that have a scene painted on them, a wall being one of the scenes offered. Some wall backdrops are actual partial walls built specifically for a photography studio and they can be moved around. Some studios have modular partial wall systems they have had built.Where do I get the material? A lumber yard. How do I get that look? Paint the wall. How do I physically make it? Hammer and nails. Is it clamped to a board? No. Can someone explain? The different patterns you see on the walls are likely made by projecting light using custom made light modifiers know as cucoloris, or by painting on the patterns.

2) What about the ceiling tile look? How is that achieved? See above

3) Any recommendations on photo labs to send my files to for printing photos for clients? Reasonable rates? Prints are inexpensive virtually everywhere, but I recommend the Millers Professional Imaging family of companies www.millerslab.com, www.mpixPro.com, www.mpix.com. I also ocassionally use the pro lab H&H Color Lab for B&W prints. All of those labs, except Mpix.com (Miller's consumer lab) will require you submit an application to become a customer.
4) Recommendations on someone to use as a printer for announcements etc.? What kind of announcements?

thank you in advance!
Welcome and thank you for becoming a member of The Photo Forum community. We look forward to your contributions.

Quality backdrop companies, various materials:
Denny Manufacturing Company
Muslin Backgrounds, Backdrops and Photography Studio Equipment by Silverlake Photo Accessories

Most reactions

New Topics

Back