Have we gone too far?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Dmitri, Jun 9, 2011.

?

Have we gone too far in our paranoia?

1. Yes, too far.

11 vote(s)
    73.3%
  2. It's just far enough. Blow up dolls are serious business.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, we need to go further.

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. Lock up the person that called in the bomb squad.

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. 12sndsgood

12sndsgood No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    allot of it comes down to lawsuits. school district doesnt want to deal with lawsuits if that does happen to be something bad in the bathroom. so they go to the extreme. same with anything else. they don't want to risk lawsuits so they just go to zero tolerence. i believe in commen sence. but when you can smash a kethup bottle on a table and sue heinz and win because you got glass in your throat because there wasn't directions how to open the bottle, then your kinda forced to have to do everything you can to protect yourself. you dont want to hold your christmas pagent and have little timmy parents (timmy doesnt care) sue the school because they are athiets and its offensive. the easiest responce is to just not have the pagent anymore to save yourself the hassle.

2. ArizonaSun

ArizonaSun TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    No

Guy, go travel around the world for a while and then come back and tell us if America is a police state.

Thats america's problem and always has been, it just sits in this isolated bubble thinking the world revolves around it.

People such as yourself end up being as paranoid as the paranoid people who locked up the kid.

All of these dinky news stories happened 30 years ago too, they just weren't as commonly heard of because they didn't have the internet to spread them around

3. subscuck

subscuck No longer a newbie, moving up!

Illinois, where even the dead get to vote
    Photos OK to edit
    Been there done that. In fact, in the late 90's I had to get a new Passport almost four years before it expired because there were no more blank pages to stamp. Thanks for the advice, tho.

No, they weren't heard because law enforcement was never involved. They were handled internally by the schools through the use of detention, suspension, expulsion, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JohnMF

JohnMF No longer a newbie, moving up!

Here's another crazy story.