Have you always wanted to meet up (in BOSTON) with the GROOVIEST PEOPLE ON EARTH!?

Here is some more information that I suggest you do.

Do the Freedom trail. Lots of old history. Litterally just follow the line / colored bricks from one to the next.

http://www.thefreedomtrail.org/

If you want some good pics from of down town. Take the T (subway) to the airport. Ride a free bus to a terminal. Ride another free bus from the terminal to the airport water dock. Can get a very good view of downtown across the bay from the airport. Have to take 2 busses as the Water dock bus only goes to the terminals and dock. The subway buses only go from the subway to the terminals. When I leave for work to fly where ever I actually commute to the airport by water shuttle.

The Constitution is another must see / good photo op. Cost to go on. But free from the dock. Has a nice museum across from the ship too.

The freedom trail is by far the thing to do. Lots of sites to take in.

The freedom trail looks like a lot of fun! I'll be there for Saturday, heading back probably late afternoon/early evening depending on what the days plans are.

Alison said:
The freedom trail looks like a lot of fun! I'll be there for Saturday, heading back probably late afternoon/early evening depending on what the days plans are.

WOOT! Yeah, we'll have to get some stuff nailed down soon. :D

Don't forget to tip one at the Union Oyster House. Oldest resturant in the US. On or very near the freedom trail by Faneuil Hall.

http://www.unionoysterhouse.com/

Also if you have the time or if the weather is too bad for outdoor activities. The Boston Mesuem of Science is really good. They have the worlds largest Van de Graff generator (indoor electrical lightning show). I think the electric show is well worth the admission price alone. Also have an Imax theater there.

http://www.mos.org/

Yes the operator in the big bird cage is touching the cage while 1,000,000 volts ?? is hitting it at the same time!

touch2.jpeg

I was going to suggest the Museum as well, I went there a ton growing up and it's really one of the best I've been to. I also love the public library near the Hancock Tower.

The museum is a great place, I've been there a few times. I'm trying to arrange it so I can be there. Is it ok if someone under 21 comes? I don't want to be a hindrance if you decide to hop in a bar for a while or anything to grab a drink. I'd be taking an early train down there in the morning from Maine, and then leaving in the evening, also by train. On Saturday would be my plan. Let me know! :)

EBphotography said:
The museum is a great place, I've been there a few times. I'm trying to arrange it so I can be there. Is it ok if someone under 21 comes? I don't want to be a hindrance if you decide to hop in a bar for a while or anything to grab a drink. I'd be taking an early train down there in the morning from Maine, and then leaving in the evening, also by train. On Saturday would be my plan. Let me know! :)

Not at all! My oldest son (7) will be with me. I'm sure we can either find a place we can all eat or split up :)

I'll speak to the rents tonight then. Maybe convince my dad to let me bring one of his lenses. :p

The only thing about the weekend we know for sure, is Joe and I do have plans in the evening at probably 8....so the around town stuff would end a bit before that.

Hiya Core!

I was just in boston last weekend!
It's a great city I'm sure you'll love it as much as I did!

It was a last minute thing for me and I ended up staying at the Midtown hotel on Hungtington street (so so hotel, but clean) Since I was there for just 2 days, I took a Beantown troley pass for 2 days and I hopped on and off as much as I wanted. (last ride is at 4h30 though!) The only thing that dissapointed me a little was the Aquarium... but it was still nice! Hope you have lots of fun! PM me if you have questions! Here's a link to some of my pics! I love the architecture there!! :heart: Have fun!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/67799742@N00/sets/72157594332955681/

Most reactions

Back