Have you ever stop shooting? (beware of the long post)

itoncool

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I did... and I want to share my experience with you guys.

I was a new high school student, I was excited to learn photography then I joined the photography club at my school. My brother gave me his F3 and a lens (nikkor 35-105 f/3.5), that's my first SLR. It was the film era.
I think I was quiet good for a newbie, most of my school magazine pictures were taken by me. Even I was doing it just for a hobby, but I really keen on exploring anything, portraiture, hiking for landscape, micro (reverse lens), sport.
The next year, I was appointed as the head of the club.

Then the disaster came, I lent my (only) camera to my friend for a week (for a high school event), His house was being robbed, and the robber took my camera as well. I was frustrated, He was begging for my apology and I couldn't blame him too much.
That time, I didn't have money to buy a new one (or used), scared of my brother anger, and didn't want to ask my parent to buy me a new one.
My frustration made me irrational and I decided to STOP SLR photography at ALL!

Many years after, one of my friend (not THE friend) help me at our wedding day to be our wedding photographer. I was amazed by the result (1 Ds MkII for digital album & M6 for B/W film album). I was moved to look at the photography again (but just curious, not start shooting yet).
One year after, GOD gave me the best gift HE ever gave to me, my daughter, I couldn't resist anymore, I bought a D200, couple of lenses and a flash.
Funny feeling and awkward hand, but fascinating just like the first time.

We just celebrate my daughter's 1st birthday a couple of weeks ago, now, I shoot not just digital but film as well, bought some nice gears, I just couldn't stop it anymore, not again for any kind of reason!
I did once (for many years) and YES, I REGRET IT, I was a fool, that's the biggest mistake I've ever done, now I have to catch up what I've missed (so much, especially the digital world)..... but I'm happy I'm back :)

PS: Sorry guys for the long post.

Welcome here on TPF and welcome back in the world of photography!
And congrats to your little girl for having turned one! :D It is often the children that bring people to wanting to take photos (again or at all), so I hear.

Thx LaFoto...
I've been a while at TPF, posting a few but just realize that I forgot to say "hello" to everybody.
HELLO everyone, sorry I'm late to say hi. :lol:

I have to admit that forum like TPF really help me a lot, in improving my technique and purchasing information.

equipment doesn't make photographers, photographers make photographers.

it's just a tool, just because you lose a hammer, doesn't mean you stop building.

Most reactions

Back