Have you noticed the increase # of ppl with dSLR cameras?

You actually went to a Tom Jones concert?

:mrgreen:

hahahaha, no. I googled for those. I just had to find some to prove that dSLR quality is very capable with a good Point and Shoot.

And when I say dSLR quality, I am not talking about a D300, D700, or a Canon D5, I am talking about the lower end dSLR's such as the D40 and D60. And when I say point and shoot. I don't mean any cheap Point and shoot. I mean Powershot SD700's and up, Powershot S#IS's, & Sony Cybershot H10's. They have to be a decent point and shoot.

Joe Buissink says the "P" in P mode stands for "Professional", and he uses it all the time. I'm a fan of M and Av myself, but since Joe Buissink will make several thousand times more money in photography this year than I will in my entire life I'll defer to his expertise! ;) There's no shame in auto-modes as long as the photos are good.

Beverly Hills Wedding Photographer Joe Buissink. Celebrity and destination wedding photography serving Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Venice Italy, Mexico, the Bahamas, New York, and Aspen.

Holy Crap !! That guy has his stuff in one sock. If I were needing fantastic pics for a wedding, I would put off the wedding until that guy can do it, based on his site.

While I do see a lot of parents at my son's soccer games with DSLRs, who cares if they are only using auto. If they want to spend that much and not learn all their camera can do, so what.

There are a lot of benfits for them doing so
1) Camera manufacturers sell more profitable cameras and therefore have more money for R&D and/or lower prices by breaking even on a model sooner
2) The buyers may get more involved and start buying accessories
3) The buyer may actually realize they have an interest and start trying to learn what all their camera can do
4) They start to think it is a pain to lug that big camera around so they don't use it much and it ends up on on Ebay or Craigslist cheap

It's like chiding someone for buying a BMW when a Honda Accord would do the job just fine. We all want the best and if we can afford it, why not get it?

Ditto. I don't care what ppl do with their time or money as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. And how is someone buying a dSLR hurting anyone? It seems to be pompous elitism to me.

I don't know how long you've been shooting but sometimes when you get something you can tend to notice more people with it. For example I get a new car and then I start to see other people with that car.

Joe Buissink says the "P" in P mode stands for "Professional", and he uses it all the time. I'm a fan of M and Av myself, but since Joe Buissink will make several thousand times more money in photography this year than I will in my entire life I'll defer to his expertise! ;) There's no shame in auto-modes as long as the photos are good.

Beverly Hills Wedding Photographer Joe Buissink. Celebrity and destination wedding photography serving Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, Venice Italy, Mexico, the Bahamas, New York, and Aspen.

Just curious where he says this? Pretty sweet, if true.

You aren't saying anything that I disagree with. I did quote where I said that the images I get from my g/f's point and shoot on auto and the images I get from my dSLR on auto look the same.

However, observe the following:

I would just like to take the time to point out, that every single one of the above, are taken with point and shoot digital cameras.

Does my point become clear at this point?

mmm... no?

Most reactions

Back