Have you shot with friends

bunny99123

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I am shooting a wedding tomorrow for a friend as a wedding gift. Actually it is a renewal. They didn't have a wedding 35 years ago. The wedding is traditional.

I have read my cameral manual, read and studied a book about my camera and flash. Practiced, Practiced.... Got my equipment together with additional stuff.

I am confident, because I have shot other weddings, and worked for a wedding coordinator for several years.

Problem: My friend who has had a photography business for years and has invited herself to help me. I have mixed feelings, because our style of shooting is different. She is a wonderful photographer, and has what people consider, "the money shots." The pictures are more traditional, were mine are not so mechanically great, but they show emotions. I love shooting poses I think up, and they are well liked.

She follows a strick list...get the shots and leave. I shoot each situation like I would like someone to photograph me. I feel it out and find out how the person wants to be photographed, then go by that...I do follow a list for traditional poses. I feel it is the person's photos hanging on their wall not mine.

We are so opposite, I know I can learn from her, because I am a beginner, but I hope she learns how people skills and just enjoy it from me.

I will post the results in a few days.

Anybody else shoot with friends?

I think you are very lucky to have a good friend like that.

In answer to your question, not really as I'm the only one of my friends that's that into taking photies. I do shoot sometimes with my Dad, but that just tends to be when we are out and about or doing family stuff. We have drastically different styles of shooting too, but I've learned a lot from him over the years. Sometimes we'll shoot the same picture, from the same spot and compare the results to see the little differences (his composition is nearly allways slightly better than mine, but hey he's got about 40 years worth of experience ahead of me). Sure though I allways learn something with him, whither it be now or when I was 8 or 9 and he showed me how to use the light meter in his old Pentax SLR. Sorry for going slighty off topic.

It's good that to you have someone to back you up but the whole "she invited herself" kinda makes her sound like a snooty snob. Lol

She is rather standish. Her pictures are awesome and she has a studio. I don't think she is going to take to being the back up shooter. It is going to break or make our friend ship.

I think you are very lucky to have a good friend like that.

In answer to your question, not really as I'm the only one of my friends that's that into taking photies. I do shoot sometimes with my Dad, but that just tends to be when we are out and about or doing family stuff. We have drastically different styles of shooting too, but I've learned a lot from him over the years. Sometimes we'll shoot the same picture, from the same spot and compare the results to see the little differences (his composition is nearly allways slightly better than mine, but hey he's got about 40 years worth of experience ahead of me). Sure though I allways learn something with him, whither it be now or when I was 8 or 9 and he showed me how to use the light meter in his old Pentax SLR. Sorry for going slighty off topic.

Your lucky to have your Dad help you out.

She has years on me of experience, and I know I can learn a lot from her.I want to learn by doing it myself. Just kinda worried she will take over, because we both have a take charge personality.

Yes... Of course. We click pictures of each other and of the places when I go out with my friends. We all like to clicking different photography. We enjoy to taking shots each other.

Well, we did a great good! We worked well together! She stood back at areas I was good at, and she did the same. We got some great shots. Post a few after we get them pp.

Most reactions

Back