Having a bad week

Well.. It came back and I went to a real doctor instead. It is gout :(. I have to reduce my beer and meat consumption (a couple of many things on the list) :(.

Oh no that sucks monkey junk. Gout flare ups are awful. Well the good news is it can mostly be controlled once you figure out what causes the flare ups. Unless of course you get immunosuppressed and then well I imagine gout would be the least of your worries. Good luck Robin, feel better.

My father in law gets that all the time in his shutter pressing finger :( I hope you feel better soon!!!! :hug:: Looks like you're going to have to find an alternative to beer, good luck!

Looks like you should become a hard liquor drinking vegan.

I had gout really bad (last summer I had 5-6 outbreaks). I reduced my corn sugar intake (namely Coke) and since August I've only had one very light gout outbreak. I've also found that 8+ hour car rides give me gout, but I think it might be from all the sugary drinks I have during my ride. Also, I found that ANY alcohol during an outbreak will basically reset any reduction in uric acid crystals you've had thus far. And an 800mg ibuprofen can get through 4 hours of shooting! Good luck!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back