Having Buyers Remorse Already.. bought the D5200 ..upgraded from D5000

what's the point of selling the 18-270? are you pictures turning out bad because of the lens, or because of the shooter?

maybe a little of both.. I would not call the pics bad.. I have improved right along with my tamron 18-270 by leaps and bounds in my own opinion.. I just wanted to go a little bit more... just reaching out for perfection... of course this is somewhat in the eye of the beholder and the expert.. but just a tad bored.. but no worries.. after purchasing this new great lens.. that has limited but better photographic powers.. I need my tamron 18- 270 for all those further away shots.,.. or just when I am limited in getting in the right spot..and it has definitely grown on me.. kind of feel an attachment to the attachment.. :lol:

I don't think you did your research when going from 5k to 5200..Up grades are jumps in bodys..The d7100 would be an up grade..Better Nikkor glass on your 5000 would have inproved your photos given you expose them correctly..

I don't think you did your research when going from 5k to 5200..Up grades are jumps in bodys..The d7100 would be an up grade..Better Nikkor glass on your 5000 would have inproved your photos given you expose them correctly..

yes I agree with you now.. I should have gone straight to the d7100.. but I didn't and that's why I started this thread.. but I am going to enjoy this camera.. get the different lens as time goes on.. and then jump into a great camera later.. this one is still better then the 5000 and with new glass it will jump more into improvement.. but I agree I should have made the leap.. to the 7100.. I would have had a whole lot more fun.

yes I agree with you now.. I should have gone straight to the d7100.. but I didn't and that's why I started this thread.. but I am going to enjoy this camera.. get the different lens as time goes on.. and then jump into a great camera later.. this one is still better then the 5000 and with new glass it will jump more into improvement.. but I agree I should have made the leap.. to the 7100.. I would have had a whole lot more fun.

Not to worry, I started out with a D5100 myself, and guess what I'm using now? Yup, same D5100 - lol. Eventually I'll upgrade to a D7100 myself, but I'm not in any major rush to do that. I'm getting really good results with my D5100, and for now it's suiting my needs just fine. Some of the features of the D7100 would be nice to have - but I can live without them for now. Best part, the longer I wait, the more likely it is that I'll be able to find a 7100 cheaper than what they are going for now. But even if I can't find a great deal on one I'll eventually upgrade. Until then though I really enjoy the 5100, so much so that I may end up keeping it even after I upgrade.

Not to worry, I started out with a D5100 myself, and guess what I'm using now? Yup, same D5100 - lol. Eventually I'll upgrade to a D7100 myself, but I'm not in any major rush to do that. I'm getting really good results with my D5100, and for now it's suiting my needs just fine. Some of the features of the D7100 would be nice to have - but I can live without them for now. Best part, the longer I wait, the more likely it is that I'll be able to find a 7100 cheaper than what they are going for now. But even if I can't find a great deal on one I'll eventually upgrade. Until then though I really enjoy the 5100, so much so that I may end up keeping it even after I upgrade.

I understand everything your saying.. and I am sure you mean every word.. the point he was trying to make I think was that I went from a 5000 which was perfectly good to a little itty bit better.. with the 5200.. I have to admit myself .. the 5200 is a great camera for what I need.. but so was the 5000.. I could have saved myself a lot of money just keeping the 5ooo and putting a new lens on it.. But I do love the 5200.. it is just so much like the 5000 I did not feel the thrill... but in reality .. maybe I am not even ready for a 7100.. maybe it is more camera then I need.. at least until I improve my skills.. so anyway I stopped tossing and turning... just getting down to enjoying it now.. thanks

I understand everything your saying.. and I am sure you mean every word.. the point he was trying to make I think was that I went from a 5000 which was perfectly good to a little itty bit better.. with the 5200.. I have to admit myself .. the 5200 is a great camera for what I need.. but so was the 5000.. I could have saved myself a lot of money just keeping the 5ooo and putting a new lens on it.. But I do love the 5200.. it is just so much like the 5000 I did not feel the thrill... but in reality .. maybe I am not even ready for a 7100.. maybe it is more camera then I need.. at least until I improve my skills.. so anyway I stopped tossing and turning... just getting down to enjoying it now.. thanks

So, you sell the 5000, put that money aside, add a little extra to it here and there, and before you know it you've got enough to buy the 7100. If you just got the 5000 recently odds are good that you'll get almost as much out of it as you got into it, if you've had it for a while think of the difference between what it sells for as depreciation, or if it's easier as a "rental' or "usage" fee. Same thing with the 5200 - when you do no longer need it sell it, put that money back into your "camera" budget and use it to get new lenses, accessories, upgrades, etc.

So, you sell the 5000, put that money aside, add a little extra to it here and there, and before you know it you've got enough to buy the 7100. If you just got the 5000 recently odds are good that you'll get almost as much out of it as you got into it, if you've had it for a while think of the difference between what it sells for as depreciation, or if it's easier as a "rental' or "usage" fee. Same thing with the 5200 - when you do no longer need it sell it, put that money back into your "camera" budget and use it to get new lenses, accessories, upgrades, etc.
right on......... that's where it makes sense to me now

right on......... that's where it makes sense to me now

What can I say, Life is just like photography in that regard, it's all just a matter of perspective :)

99% of quality issues have nothing to do with the equipment.

Or said another way... better equipment does not mean better pictures in 99% of situations.

I understand this perfectly well.. true statement.. but still good equipment is still better.

My point was you can get good pictures with any camera... so if you were finding issues with your pictures, then getting a new camera was not going to solve that problem.

99% of quality issues have nothing to do with the equipment.

Or said another way... better equipment does not mean better pictures in 99% of situations.

I understand this perfectly well.. true statement.. but still good equipment is still better.

My point was you can get good pictures with any camera... so if you were finding issues with your pictures, then getting a new camera was not going to solve that problem.

Wait, even if you get a pretty red one? Ahh crap. Ok, off to cancel that Ebay order. Sheesh..

Lol

Do you have a UV filter on your lens?
no I don't .. is this something I should have all the time.. I almost purchased it the other day..

No. There's no reason to purchase one. There have been instances where the UV filter hinders image quality. Just making sure you didn't have one. If you did, I would've suggested using it as a coaster instead.

I am not seeing any bells and whistles.. I am plainly not impressed with any difference between my D5000 And this new D5200.. I am using the same Tamron 18-270 MM lens.. I have mostly tested and compared the two with auto settings.. I think the 5200 does a good job and it feels lighter to hold.. but I am missing my d5000.. could it be me.. or is this a true aspect of only thinking your upgrading by buying a new camera..i can still take it back.. I don't know if they would accept my reasoning.. but I just don't want to be spending all this money if theres no reason to... I am still a noob in many ways. but I just don't feel the glory and excitement.. and you really need this emotion........

Because it's pretty much the same camera body as the D5000 with a newer sensor.

If more bells and whistles is what you wanted you should have moved up the product line instead of staying in the same tier.

I am not seeing any bells and whistles.. I am plainly not impressed with any difference between my D5000 And this new D5200.. I am using the same Tamron 18-270 MM lens.. I have mostly tested and compared the two with auto settings.. I think the 5200 does a good job and it feels lighter to hold.. but I am missing my d5000.. could it be me.. or is this a true aspect of only thinking your upgrading by buying a new camera..i can still take it back.. I don't know if they would accept my reasoning.. but I just don't want to be spending all this money if theres no reason to... I am still a noob in many ways. but I just don't feel the glory and excitement.. and you really need this emotion........

Because it's pretty much the same camera body as the D5000 with a newer sensor.

If more bells and whistles is what you wanted you should have moved up the product line instead of staying in the same tier.

after sleeping on this I realize I spent enough money between the new 5200 camera and new lens total to buy the 7100....... so I am taking both the 5200 and the lens back to camera store and I am going to upgrade...{I have 15 days to take it back... but before I make any more rash decisions.. I want to research this d7100 more.. vs d7000 ... I don't need the wifi.. is there much difference between them..

Given your misfire here I strongly suggest you invest some time in first person research before making any further decisions. Go look up the cameras and do a comparison of each against your requirements.

Given your misfire here I strongly suggest you invest some time in first person research before making any further decisions. Go look up the cameras and do a comparison of each against your requirements.

thanks I did that.. I feel secure now..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back