Having such a super day.

mwcfarms

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.deannachambers.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So not only did my husband say that he was going to buy me the 70-200 F2.8 Nikon after harvest but i sold my first print today. I put it up in the local gallery on Friday last week and was in today and it sold. First ever. What an awesome feeling.

Congrats!!!

Are you gonna show us the image?
:)

Duh silly me, Im still a bit high. I know its a cliched shot but

5009422743_3f5ab878d8_z.jpg

ooooo that is gorgeous! Love the colors and the composition! I can see why it sold, great job!!

I'm gonna' crack open one of the good beers in celebration! Woo-hoo! Awesome
for you!

I'm gonna' crack open one of the good beers in celebration! Woo-hoo! Awesome
for you!

I didn't think there was any good beer left... Didn't VillageIdiot plunder the TPF stash recently?

Very pretty picture. Congrats.

MWC! Good for you my friend! Excellent photo! I would have bought it myself too. Heh, so excited for you to get the 70-200 2.8, who wouldn't want that beauty right there!

Congratulations on your first sale! It's a great shot! I hope to experience what you are feeling soon myself!

Thank you very much. Not too sound corny but I wouldnt have made this sale without the help of a couple people's influence here from TPF. You know who you are. Smoochies to you all. And yes Bitter, Im still a bit excited lol. :sexywink:

So not only did my husband say that he was going to buy me the 70-200 F2.8 Nikon after harvest but i sold my first print today. I put it up in the local gallery on Friday last week and was in today and it sold. First ever. What an awesome feeling.
Congrats!

Was it just a print? Matted and bagged? Framed?

What % does the gallery get? The locals ones I use get 40%.

Thanks.:hug::
It was matted and framed. Did it myself with just a dark oak type frame with a white matte and inner silverish filament border on the mat. It was from Michaels on sale for 32.00 IIRC. The gallery takes 35% of the sale. We have a community collaboration at the local library right now so the gallery takes 15% and the library gets 20. Printing/framing costs were $40. Its literally 4 minutes drive from my house so cost was minimal.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back