having trouble deciding on a printer

tyqre

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was looking at the canon MG8220 becuase of the good reviews, grey ink and the ability to take specialty papers..the price is good ~$120 on b&h...but since it is an all in one printer that most of the money was going towards the scanner and all of its features. I cant really find a cheap printer with superb print quality but with all the money im spending going towards the actual printing, i don't need all of those bells and whistles. I'm just looking for a great photo printer for under $200 basically.

I was looking at the canon MG8220 becuase of the good reviews, grey ink and the ability to take specialty papers..the price is good ~$120 on b&h...but since it is an all in one printer that most of the money was going towards the scanner and all of its features. I cant really find a cheap printer with superb print quality but with all the money im spending going towards the actual printing, i don't need all of those bells and whistles. I'm just looking for a great photo printer for under $200 basically.

I have the Canon pixma IP4900 (not available anymore) it is an amazing printer. Consider the Canon pixma IP7220 it has the same specification as the IP4900 but adds wireless printing. I use this printer for quick prints up to 8.5x11 and printing on (printable) CD / DVD You have to take some time to fine-tune your drivers and settings but it is worth the money. How can you go wrong for $79,- and the prints are really photo lab quality. Or if you want bigger prints go with the Canon Pixma iX6520 up to 13x19 for $159
[h=1][/h]

I have the Canon pixma IP4900 (not available anymore) it is an amazing printer. Consider the Canon pixma IP7220 it has the same specification as the IP4900 but adds wireless printing. I use this printer for quick prints up to 8.5x11 and printing on (printable) CD / DVD You have to take some time to fine-tune your drivers and settings but it is worth the money. How can you go wrong for $79,- and the prints are really photo lab quality. Or if you want bigger prints go with the Canon Pixma iX6520 up to 13x19 for $159
Thank you for the reply. Do you think specialty papers such as the ilford ones would work well in these printers?

Thank you for the reply. Do you think specialty papers such as the ilford ones would work well in these printers?

I used some Ilford (color), bought recently and did not see any difference with the Canon paper. I'm not sure if that was "specialty paper"

ok, sounds good. thanks for the reply.

Most reactions

Back