Hawk, not for the light stomach

Lowa2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSCF4690.jpg

Took this today, after it ran into the classroom window!! A hungry hawk (I think) with a pigeon.

I know, it just looks ****ed off. I was about 15-20 feet from it, behind a fence.

Now that's an unusual shot! Quite the glare he's giving you. And quite a mess he left to be cleaned up.

(It might be a falcon...one of the birder guys may comment and clarify that).

It has more of a falcon look to its beak and head... that is "staring daggers" really, isn't it? Wow. I really like this photo! Not much left of the pigeon, I say! Very good to capture it while feeding. It might not be for those weak of stomach, but this is how they survive. They need to feed on other animals.

Now who flew into the window?
This falcon (if it is one) or the pigeon?

I might be wrong but it looks like a peregrine falcon to my untrained eye, great shot though

The Hawk was flying with the pigeon in it's claws, and threw it into the window (knocking it out im assuming), and the window had a huge smear of something on it after (gross). The Hawk flew away after about 2 hrs of feeding.

I will post up some more pictures if you guys want. What an amazing annimal.

And thanks very much for the comments. I thought they came out very clear.

thats the most rad thing Ive seen in a long time.

those falcons are FAST... Really cool shot !!!!

Nice picture. There is one that hangs out around our house, have never captured and good shots of him though. We have got up some mornings and found pieces of pigeon in our yard a few times.

Some more pictures if anyone is interested:
DSCF4683.jpg

DSCF4677.jpg

DSCF4669.jpg

DSCF4700.jpg

DSCF4682.jpg

Must have been a good dinner. Not much left other then feathers, feet and a head. He must have been hungry to not fly away with you so close. Nice work and interesting shots.

Eric

Most reactions

New Topics

Back