HDD Flash extender

Newtricks

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Decided I wanted a flash extender as I'm often out hunting birds pre-dawn and the SB-700 alone doesn't cut it, read the reviews I could find about the different models available and cast my lot with Harbor Digital Design. The manufacturer claims up to two stops of light at 100 feet, tonight I put it the test. The subject is roughly 170 feet away from my position, the images where taken at 22:00, 300mm - ISO 200 - 1/60 sec. - f/5.6 then converted from RAW to JPEG with absolutely no editing. First photo is with a SB-700 alone, the second is with the flash extender attached.

Be well,

Anthony

Attachments

• $With HDD flash extend_0001.JPG
    $With HDD flash extend_0001.JPG
    986.7 KB · Views: 335
  • $Without HDD flash extend_0002.JPG
    $Without HDD flash extend_0002.JPG
    525.1 KB · Views: 318
Main reason for going with the HDD flash extender rather than the Better Beamer was no sticky stuff on the flash, just slip it on and shoot. The black box can be removed from the adapter, it comes with a diffusion dome that can be used with or without the extender and drastically changes (at least to my eye) the output from the flash, I'll post photos with and without later and it's compatible with HDD's entire line of products. Really very impressed with HDD's line of products.

Be well,

Anthony

for those whom care to look HDD is located here, http://www.harbordigitaldesign.com/

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back