HDR Backyard Shot

FSTOPMIAMI

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C welcome. Fairly new to the digital realm and enjoy both the picture taking and the post processing. Giving the HDR craze a shot.

Armando

2001802837710725759_rs.jpg

That is your back yard? Fire up the bbq. I'm coming over!!

LOL, i didn't even think of that... next TPF meet is at your house!

aside from that, it's a nice shot and a good use of HDR. it doesn't look fake, but there is a lot of detail in everything. although the front of the the thatched hut roof is very soft... almost out of focus.

Here is another I just took and processed(stuck at home today).The process really shows in the clouds. All are combinations of 3 shots at -2, 0 and +2 I am using Photomatix, Canon 10d with a 17 - 40 L Canon lense. C& C once again welcome.

Armando

2002633581724290338_rs.jpg

some parts of the sky/cloud in the 2nd version are overexposed... notably the left side of the image to either side of the palm tree trunk.

clouds are much more dramatic now though...

where do you live?

I'd guess by his user name...Miami. ;)

I'm definitely coming over WITH swimsuit!

The shot is so vivid. Is it typical to have parts of an HD image as soft? I'm not at all up on HD.

Miami, Florida

I'd guess by his user name...Miami. ;)

I'm definitely coming over WITH swimsuit!

The shot is so vivid. Is it typical to have parts of an HD image as soft? I'm not at all up on HD.

I think becuase the process combines 2, 3 and more pictures, it tends to show soft in areas.

Armando

umm... quite... umm... the first one has too little contrast, the sky looks milky and a bit grayish, and the greens aren't that green. the second is much better, but has problems with the sky (looks very artificial) and the top of the cottage thing looks artificially underexposed. also, there are some oof plants bottom right. it's a nice attempt, but try to pay more attention to details...

I think becuase the process combines 2, 3 and more pictures, it tends to show soft in areas.

Armando

Interesting. So it's a compositing process used?

Ah. No invite to the backyard bbq / swim party. :meh: Bummer. *putting away the tortilla chips & dip*

By the friendly banter going on in this thread I gather that apart from comments no really serious critiquing of this photo (these photos) has ever been expected nor sought, so I moved this over to the Graphics Programmes and Photo Gallery, which is our forum for intensely post processed photos, among which there also fall HDR-creations. OK? ;)

(And the BIG INTERNATIONAL meet-up - for all! - is [unfortunately] not in such nice surroundings, but in my garden it is, see sig for more --- it is about time for those from far to make up their minds and book their flights!)

Interesting. So it's a compositing process used?

Ah. No invite to the backyard bbq / swim party. :meh: Bummer. *putting away the tortilla chips & dip*

All are welcome, forget the food and post picture of the proposed bathing suit :)

Armando

All are welcome, forget the food and post picture of the proposed bathing suit :)

Armando

Hooray! Grabs the tortilla chips and also picks up a 12 pack of Stella Artois. I actually do not own a photo of me in a bikini..yet. But here's a recent one in a dress I wore in Vegas. Just to give ya an idea. *running cannonball into the pool!*

Up to you to choose the tunes and invite more to the party!

dress%20montage%20bw.jpg

Btw, the weather here in southern Holland is the pits. Raining and cool. That was our summer, too. So your backyard looks pretty ding dang good about now!

o my.... digital diva FTW... i might be going to miami after all :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back