HDR & Camera RAW

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So it looks like .jpg images can't be used for HDR?

Good, I have something to work with as soon as I get upgraded.

wow, I thought that U can merge to HDR using .jpgs ONLY! I thought RAW files are not accepted with CS2

mentos_007 said:
wow, I thought that U can merge to HDR using .jpgs ONLY! I thought RAW files are not accepted with CS2

Yes CS2 has it own raw editor, but you may need to load the drivers for your model camera, they can be down load PS

My question is: If you have a RAW file with a good average exposure, can you use it to make the JPGs at different exposures?

abraxas said:
Good, I have something to work with as soon as I get upgraded.

So I install CS2 (drool). I'm excited about being able to take crummy shots I took 7 exposures of and make it into something- at least average (anxiety). The CS2 takes 3 minutes to install (slobber). One minute to register (aw, what the heck). Asks me if I want it to check for updates (might as well). I click "Okie-dokie." Bad move. I am now 2.5 hours into a 5.5 hour download (at 56K dial up) - excitement waning... dry mouth... headache.

Jeff Canes said:
My question is: If you have a RAW file with a good average exposure, can you use it to make the JPGs at different exposures?

you can, but it wont make a good HDR.... you have to have different exposures to get all the benefits.

Most reactions

Back