HDR Church (my style)............>

VERY VERY COOL! I love to see a heavy burn around the outside to just turn up the creepyness a notch. Fantastic!

cool!! looks kinda like a movie set.. all lit up and ready to go!!!

Since I just got CS2 and seeing the HDR pictures on here. I am longing to get home and try one. I need to load CS2 on my work laptop so I can play some while away for work.

Thanks guys...... :)

for those of you who asked, HDR means - high dynamic range, and its a technique were you take a series of exposures of the same scene and combine them to create the 'best of both worlds' in a single image. By this i mean the ability to have exposures for the shadows and highlight areas of the scene combined to create one image which can show the whole tonal range.

As some pointed out, CS2 has the merge to HDR command..... so all you do is take the series different exposures (on a sturdy tripod and photoshop recommend at least three) open them up (i used raw) save as tiffs or psd, unaltered, as the camera captured them...... and then open the saved files using the HDR command. Its a great technique to experiment with...... one tip tho... 90% of the time, any blown areas will mess up the HDR conversion.... so try to avoid over exposing.... unless you have a different idea in mind.
Also the result will initially be a 32bit per channel image (which your monitor cant even show the effect of), so after making the HDR curves adjustment, convert it to 16bit for your usual levels/curves adjustments...... and then to 8bit to save as jpeg for web. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back