HDR examples...beautiful or not?

well they appear to be having a big argument over on that site - myself I remember this:
"beauty in the eye of the beholder"
and this is a beholder:
beholder.jpg

so what ever he finds beautiful is beautiful without question.

for the rest of us human mortals its all down to personal choice and taste. I must say myself that I like HDR effect - though sometimes its very easily overdone in a shot - its a very fine line to walk between just right and overdone. As for the "fake" HDR I consider it only bad taste when the artist attempts to pass it off as true HDR in the same way as a person tries to pass off a zoo wildlife shot as a real wildlife shot (note that this is in the shot description not in the effect aquired with the lens).

Sure, why not? Whoever said photography was about duplicating reality? Art is what you make of it, not how "real" it looks.

More key, however, is that all of those photos would look great even if they weren't HDR as they are well composed.

some are very interesting and even those that seem to be over the top work as the subject matter lends itself to the look.

i.e. south beach would look great that way,

just my .02 cents

Some of those are not good pictures. Some of them are. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but on a larger scale, it is popular opinion. I think that this process is already looking old, no longer "cool". That is my opinion though. I have seen some nice tone mapped images, and none of those make it into that category.

Most reactions

Back