HDR First Attempt

jubbin2001

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I tried an HDR today to see what I came up with. Comments and suggestions are very welcome. Also, which do you prefer? My wife is all about #1, but I like the darker version #2. There isn't much difference, but I think the subtle differences are noticable.

Original:
Tree.jpg

TreeHDR.jpg

Tree2HDR.jpg

Nice job, especially for a first HDR. Just two small hiccups for me:
- number one has a bit of halo over the foliage on the right. A sign of over-processing.
- both pics don't seem to be able to resolve the sky showing through the branches. It is a noticeably different shade of blue.

Nice job.

That looks great, good job. My only recommendation would be more about the composition of the actual photo itself, I would personally try to shoot it from a different angle and try to incorporate more foreground elements.

I see what you guys are saying with the sky...might have to try tweaking a bit more to see what I can come up with. As far as composition, I wish I could have. This happens to be on a very heavily wooded shoreline, and there really isn't another clear angle to get, Kind of a one shot deal, take it or leave it. Thanks for the comments though. Gonna try and get some more tomorrow to play with.

When you do the best with what you have to work with it just doesnt please everyone. I think the composition is fine. And your tone mapping is just fine except for the halo. You might be able to fix that with the cloning tool set to darken.

Most reactions

Back