HDR help

Alter_Ego

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My HDR images with photomatix keep coming out looking like a normal image except the clouds are super bright. I took three images using three levels of AEB (jpegs not raw...yet). I might try using different exposures (5sec/2sec/.5sec)

Does anyone have examples of there images then the end result?

My HDR images with photomatix keep coming out looking like a normal image except the clouds are super bright. I took three images using three levels of AEB (jpegs not raw...yet). I might try using different exposures (5sec/2sec/.5sec)

Does anyone have examples of there images then the end result?

I don't use Photomatix and I use my "HDRs" by hand-blending using Layer Masks in CS2.

It would probably help to see the images you're working with. Does at least one of the shots you took for the HDR expose the clouds exactly the way you'd like to see them in the final image?

It's been a while since I worked with Photomatix so it might be a stupid question, but have you done all of the processing steps? Because if I remember correctly, after blending the exposures you'll get a really bad and non-HDR-ish-looking photo, which you then have to process again to get the real image.

Most reactions

Back