TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.canonphotographers.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
[FONT=Geneva, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hello,

I would like to invite you all to go to http://www.hdrphotos.net

It is a website dedicated to HDR imaging as well as an online community for HDR enthusiasts.

Feel free to join!

Regards,
Rhommel
[/FONT]

great find. With HDR being the "new thing" this will be very useful to many joining our site, as well as those who have been around for a while and are interested in HDR.

I have a little question for y'all.
Since I'm new to photography, I see that I can make the HDR effect with photoshop without taking 3 pictures with my camera.

My question is- do you guys think it's bad to retouch pictures on the computer and that you should do everything on the camera? Or is it okay to take the minimum on the camera and put the effect on the computer?

Or this could apply not only to HDR, but to any effects you can do with the camera.

I mean, there ain't no rules that will justify it- but to your eyes, what do you think about it?

Im not rhommel but just as a representative there are a lot of ways i mean true hdr is 3 or more shots but there are ways to do it with one raw shot. Also like you mentioned there is a photoshop way that you can do with just a jpeg file. So basically to answer your question its best to take 3 or more shots but it isnt wrong to do any other way its just not true hdr.

My question is- do you guys think it's bad to retouch pictures on the computer and that you should do everything on the camera? Or is it okay to take the minimum on the camera and put the effect on the computer?

A purist soul inside me says get it right on the camera and the picture will fall into place. But the fact of the matter is since the dawn of photography, post processing has been as much a part of the art as the photography itself. There are countless ways people can achieve awesome affects without a computer or a digital camera. This can range to anything as basic as using a paintbrush to clean up the final image to solarizing (briefly exposing the negative to light during the development).

As for taking multiple images and then postprocessing together (which is what HDR requires) this has been done to achieve all sorts of weird and wonderful affects in the dark room at times too.

I have a little question for y'all.
Since I'm new to photography, I see that I can make the HDR effect with photoshop without taking 3 pictures with my camera.

Or this could apply not only to HDR, but to any effects you can do with the camera.

I mean, there ain't no rules that will justify it- but to your eyes, what do you think about it?

well we cant do HDR in camera, the sensor simply cannot record such a varying amount of light, and so we take 2 or more shots and combine them so that we can see detail not available in a single picture before. As for retouching, I think everyone here agrees get as much right in camera, dont use post processing as a crutch for you work. Photoshop is a tool that helps create the pictures into what you want. Film processing labs do the "post processing" on film without us even knowing, so a shot that was slightly under or over exposed is corrected and we never know about it. In digital, YOU have all the control, and so minor post processing is expected.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back