HDR, Night And Some Snapshots...judge me

jhale2004

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Recently purchased my first DSLR, a Nikon D60. I have been lurking the forums and finally decided to register and see how some others thought about my shots. I have alot of fun with HDR and wildlife. Here are some of my first with the new camera.
JOHNHOUSEMAPPED1.jpg

LODGEHDRMAPPED1.jpg

OVERLOOKHDRMAPPED1DSKY.jpg

davdannyhdr11112.jpg

lynnshousehdrmapped22.jpg

DSC_0456_197.jpg

DSC_0460_201.jpg

DSC_0587_328.jpg

DSC_0777.jpg

DSC_0789.jpg

DSC_0790.jpg

DSC_0799.jpg

More....
GOATHDRMAPPED1.jpg

LODGEBLENDED.jpg

TRUCKCABIN.jpg

TRUCKCABIN2MAPPED1.jpg

TRUCKCABINEXPBLEND.jpg

drakemaggiesleephdrmapped1.jpg

insidemapped01.jpg

insidemapped010101.jpg

DSC_0769.jpg

Last edited:
too many images , pick one or two if you want anyone to really spend time with feedback.

the few i view had serious halo issuses.

and as the above post said, we need more information.

I like the waterfall (although it's crooked) and light trails photos, the rest are WAY over done and not even HDR. They were transformed into cartoons in my opinion.

All but three of these photos do nothing for me at all.

I also like the waterfall. The pictures in front of the hotel are also pretty interesting. I think the HDR, in general, is way too harsh. It ends up looking like a gimmicky Photoshop filter.

your hdr shots are pushed wayyyy too far.
the halos are very prominent. hdr doesnt always improve shots.

the night shots are nice. and the waterfall one is ok too.

Most of the HDR pics used 10 pics each one F/Stop apart. I think the one of the living room was a few less, I dont remember. I agree, they are a tad overdone but I also enjoy the fake cartoonish look. It was hard to get any pics of the waterfall because of the long shutter and people constantly walking by. Myself, I think the ones of The Lexington Center turned out ok. I still have alot to learn. ;)

With your HDRs use 3 to 5 shots, theres no need for 10. Like you said you have a lot to learn but, i think thats part of the fun. Keep the shots and keep working on improving. A few months from now you will look back on these shots and realize how far you've come....With regards to improving, try to find others in your area that are interested in Photography, go out and shoot as a group, that way you can get hands on experience with a more experienced shooter.

Where in KY are you?

With your HDRs use 3 to 5 shots, theres no need for 10. Like you said you have a lot to learn but, i think thats part of the fun. Keep the shots and keep working on improving. A few months from now you will look back on these shots and realize how far you've come....With regards to improving, try to find others in your area that are interested in Photography, go out and shoot as a group, that way you can get hands on experience with a more experienced shooter.

Where in KY are you?
Lexington. None of my friends are really interested in it and if they are then they dont have a decent camera. What I have learned has been from reading online and just playing with my camera alone.:geek:

I find that changing the shutter speed instead of the aperture gives a better result for HDR shots. Changing the f stop works but you have to be careful changing the depth of field when youre going to be overlaying the photos. Here is an HDR I shot the other day with 3 exposures while only changing the shutter speed.
Gazebo by ~Jesse-Murphy on deviantART

Most reactions

Back