HDR of a 60 Watt

that would be great,

I usually just click and save in a small format as it works better on a low end computer at school.

I tell you what, you send me the high res and i will make you an print and send it back to you (if you like) any size up to 13x19

if you also send along the "numbers" i will recreate it exactly as you have done.

Last edited:
If we all used bulbs light that our electric bilss would be a lot less...
(The kind of bulbs that don't need to be in a light socket to light ;))

Nice work on the shots and merging. I like the red one best.

If we all used bulbs light that our electric bilss would be a lot less...
(The kind of bulbs that don't need to be in a light socket to light ;))

Nice work on the shots and merging. I like the red one best.

Well the bulb was still plugged into the wall. But instead of screwing the base into a lamp I just soldered the bare wires to the two spots on the base of the bulb. But free hydro is everyone's dream. And thanks for the comments.

nice, is the picture upside down. or how is the bulb just floating?

I like this a lot

I stole your idea because yours turned out way too awesome and took an HDR of a Christmas tree light bulb, but i got some very strange rainbow halo'ing around the filament:( did you encounter that problem at all? what kind of shutter speed did you need to expose the filament correctly?

thats fantastic!!!

Ive always wanted to do this but didnt know how to do it...

KerrySnow, just close your lens down until you can barely see the filament. That should be the right shutter speed. Remember the photo was a combination of a bunch of shutter speeds to make the HDR image.

That is fantastic!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back