HDR of a pickup truck.

Heck

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
heck.zenfolio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had a little fun with this shot of my truck. Fake HDR with one photo.

TruckHdr.jpg

nice post processing howd you do it?

Yeah :lol: I wonder if thats the settings or a drawback from using one image for a hdr.

It's a combination of strength, microcontrast, black and white levels. It's like riding a five-wheeled bike with three sets of handlebars. Fun though once you learn to keep your balance.

That first image is not HDR. Yeah it's tone mapped and yeah it looks pretty cool, but I wish people would stop calling that stuff HDR. HDR stands for High Dynamic Range, which means dark areas and bright areas are simultaneously exposed properly.

I quickly messed around with your jpg to show you what I mean:
truckhdrky5.gif

It doesn't look so great because I just hand painted it and ideally, the white sky at the horizon should have detail too, but the original jpg gave very little to work with. :D

Anyway, THAT is HDR.

Question: so do you mean that the shadows are lightened and the highlights are darkened? I wont bother you too much about that here...i am going to go on and search some threads. i just wondered if that was the basic concept

I have that program to, its bad ass. Have you heard of one called TOPAZ? They told me about it but cant find it (for Free)

Most reactions

Back