HDR of the chapel

MommyOf4Boys

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here are HDR versions of the coral chapel

chap1.jpg

chap2.jpg

Wow. I like these even better than your b+w conversions!
Grrr. I want to be able to make HDRs, too. *stomps foot*

Really cool! Love the sky in the second one - very dramatic. How many exposures??? And how many stops either side???

These are great.

antarchitect said:
Very nice, I need to learn how this is done.

Me too. Anyone know if there's a thread on this already?

wow! good ones! can you tell us how many bracketed photos did you take?

Hey im a noob, But HDR?? What is that? All i know is from what i have seen from all the shots. I have seen with this substantile color and lighting. Clue me in peeps. I would greatly appreciate it!

Oops. One more who does not get all the abbreviations that float around the place.
I think HDR stands for High Definition ... erm :scratch: :oops: oops - something...

It basically means that you expose for three or more different spots in the frame you want to take, note the measurement data for all, put the camera firmly onto a tripod, and then expose according to your notes for all the different areas. Later you combine your photos (which must be totally identical other than the changed settings) somehow (don't ask me how, I wish I knew!) in PS and get a very highly defined, perfectly exposed in all areas (light, middle, dark) photo.

Experts. Help me out of here!
Did I get the idea?
Did I explain it right?

HDR = High Dynamic Range, just plug it into your web browser, there quite a bit of info on it out there, i don't really know how to do it either. I think Photoshop CS2 does it for you, and the more images the better... a tripod is a must. where is KenCo? he had some great HDRs...

these are awesome too mommy! please share your technique!

HDR = High Dynamic Range. I use Photomatix to create the images. I used 3 bracketed photos for this one, each at 2 EV stops difference...first one was -2 underexposed, second at 0 (perfect exposure) and +2 overexposed. I combined the three in Photomatix and generated an HDR (it looks like crap at this point). I then worked on the Tone Mapping, this is where it starts to look nice. It all comes together in the tone mapping.

LaFoto... HDR is not the same what HDTV ... there you have High Definition TV :)

Waw, how how have you made that effect, they are just brilliant

Most reactions

New Topics

Back