HDR photography101, 201, 401 + Why does canon hate Auto Exposure Bracketing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like people are so bent on hating on the OP that they have lost sight of the fact that he just wants a canon with more AEB's because he would find it useful...

Then a bunch of haters are like You know nothing, no one needs that feature, you are a noob, you might as well not even try taking photos anymore.

There's a difference between wanting a feature because it will be convenient/help in select situations and being "OMG the camera lacks this feature its unusable/broken/duff/etc"... ;)

If they can set up a camera to automatically shoot Fireworks, Portraits, and various subjects, then having 5, 7 or 9 bracketed shots going off quickly should be no big deal. HDR has been out long enough now with enough interest generated to make it clear its no passing fad. Putting a feature on a new camera that people will really use seems to make sense to me. And Id be looking at a camera that had such a feature more closely than one that doesnt.

There's a difference between wanting a feature because it will be convenient/help in select situations and being "OMG the camera lacks this feature its unusable/broken/duff/etc"... ;)

^ that.

.............Then a bunch of haters are like You know nothing, no one needs that feature, you are a noob, you might as well not even try taking photos anymore.

No, I think the OP pretty much told the rest of us we are like that.

I got about half way through this thread. Except for only a couple people on here I'm wondering what the average age of the people posting here are. My guess on closing the OP is under 16.

Grow up people, I'm sure none of you would talk to each other in person this way.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

Your post drips with hypocrisy.

But aside from that, thanks for your character evaluations. You really have added to the conversation here.

Thank you for enlightening us and allowing us to recognize your elevated status as "someone who is older than 16 who wouldn't talk to someone liek that offline, lolz".

Seems like people are so bent on hating on the OP that they have lost sight of the fact that he just wants a canon with more AEB's because he would find it useful...

Then a bunch of haters are like You know nothing, no one needs that feature, you are a noob, you might as well not even try taking photos anymore.

More or less, that is my main aggravation. I'm trying to make a simple point. That Canon should have power windows, and there's no reason it shouldn't.

For those who shoot like this across many situations, it is a serious consideration. I never said the camera was broken, because Canon makes great cameras. I said that it is artificially crippled for no reason.

If they can set up a camera to automatically shoot Fireworks, Portraits, and various subjects, then having 5, 7 or 9 bracketed shots going off quickly should be no big deal. HDR has been out long enough now with enough interest generated to make it clear its no passing fad. Putting a feature on a new camera that people will really use seems to make sense to me. And Id be looking at a camera that had such a feature more closely than one that doesnt.

Exactly. Imagine how many hundreds of thousands of dollars Canon has lost to those who jumped ship to Nikon or just picked a Nikon over Canon for such a fixable issue.

.............Then a bunch of haters are like You know nothing, no one needs that feature, you are a noob, you might as well not even try taking photos anymore.

No, I think the OP pretty much told the rest of us we are like that.

I think if we go back to the earliest part of this thread to both of your initial responses it is evident who is trolling, and who is simply griping about the lack of a camera feature.

Troll on friends.

......... and who is simply griping about the lack of a camera feature. ...........

Let us know if you're going to do more than that.

......... and who is simply griping about the lack of a camera feature. ...........

Let us know if you're going to do more than that.

Funny that you mention it; I already have.

I've e-mailed Canon a number of times about this issue to help improve the product not just for me, but for everyone.

I don't just sit on Internet forums all day to flame people to get my jollies off. So don't let the door hit you on the way out Sparky.

..........I don't just sit on Internet forums all day to flame people to get my jollies off..........

You are correct. You just flame people.

You.... are just not worth it.
ingore5.gif

Your first response in this thread:

Your camera isn't crippled. The operator just hasn't discovered the "M".

And I'm the flamer?

Good for you Sparky. You can add self-delusion and hypocrisy to your resume.

I rest my case.

Think of it this way... you can use a screwdriver to bang in a nail, but that doesn't mean it was intended for that purpose. Or more appropriately, in this case... you can use a ROCK to bang in a nail...

AH BUT as any professional joiner will tell you you use a hammer to bang in a screw the slot is only for taking it out!!!!

I really can believe the venom being spouted here however one thing does puzzle me since it is so obvious that a Nikon is much better for this sort of photography why piss into the wind about a Canon not being so well specified - if this is your forte change your camera to the one that does what you want better/easier. Going back to the good old days out and about it was a motorised Nikon 35mm with a 250 bulk film back and in the studio it was a Hasselblad with film and Polaroid backs now both would have done the others job but with a bit of hassel and being a professional and a lazy one too one chose the best tool for the job. So while i find this thread interesting i am not convinced that it is not just a rant at Cannon which i find difficult to comprehend as speaking to Canon direct 'could be' much more productive. And if two people do this - then they might think.......but if just a hundred or even a thousand people do this then they might notice and make the changes you want to the firmware in their camera. There you go start The Canon HDR Movement and see what/where that gets you - posting here is obviously highly frustrating for you as few seem to get the point you are making OR read your first posts and reply in a sensible manner.

Cheers FlyingScot, you make some valuable points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back