HDR Problem

feRRari4756

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hey guys i have tried a few hdr's and everytime i do them they do not come out sharp and are very soft, or have a lot of noise (if at night).

I have a canon 30d and am using photomatix.

here are my three original exposures:

3207193288_9f90674de2.jpg

3207193114_01c1939418.jpg

3207193230_4128e022bb.jpg

AND HERE IS THE FINAL HDR RESULT:

3207194912_ba5933b83d_o.jpg

why do u think this is?

THanks!

Well, it's all part and parcle to HDR's you are kindof reducing the shadow detail that creates the contrast needed for sharpness.

Can I run those threw my software and see what I come up with?

Well, it's all part and parcle to HDR's you are kindof reducing the shadow detail that creates the contrast needed for sharpness.

Can I run those threw my software and see what I come up with?

Yes, I would be happy if you could.

Thannks!

Well, it ain't perfect, but this is what I came up with with quick HDR processing and straight out of Photomatix using the three preview sized jpegs here in this thread.

3207193114_01c1939418And2More.jpg

All I really did differently from my usual HDR processing was reduced the micro smoothing to about two or four...

Also, I noticed the EXIF is toasted on those three images, I had to manually select the EV's, Are those honest exposures or manufacturered exposures?

They were my exposures, so i dont know why they date wasnt there. BUT for ONE of the pics i had to do a screenshot because ethe file size was too large to post up.

Battou, you HDR came out very nice compared to mine, I guess i need to learn more of the settings.

I wasnt using a tripod for this shot, but i usually always use a tripod when i do HDR's and they still come out soft.

Thanks guys for your help.

They were my exposures, so i dont know why they date wasnt there. BUT for ONE of the pics i had to do a screenshot because ethe file size was too large to post up.

Battou, you HDR came out very nice compared to mine, I guess i need to learn more of the settings.

I wasnt using a tripod for this shot, but i usually always use a tripod when i do HDR's and they still come out soft.

When you go to the screen that says align images click the high setting instead of normal? The only other thing I could suggest is to take and use the remote release or camera self timer to make sure you are not getting any camera shake.

Hey, hope you don't mind but i had a go with your 3 photos and this is what i got.

3207193114_01c1939418And2more_tonem.jpg

i have just started to learn HDR and took some shots before, need to upload them to my computer yet. Once i have done them i will post them up here for everyone to take a look

Yeah, just play with the sliders for a wile and look closely at what each one of them does.

as for the exposures the one being a screen shot prolly is the cause for my having to manually set the EVs

Well the blurryness is caused by the slight movement of the trees--the bridge is still clear and sharp (at least compared to the other pictures you had up)

And also HDR sometimes just doesnt work out on some images.

Most reactions

Back