HDR questions

myshkin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just curious, DO you guys PP some before creating the HDR? Do you turn into Tiffs or do you create HDR with raws?

So far I create with the raw and then PP after the HDR is made

I tweak a few levels in lightroom, make into an hdr, then go back into lightroom and tweak some more levels. Haha.

I tweak a few levels in lightroom, make into an hdr, then go back into lightroom and tweak some more levels. Haha.
This. I set my WB and color levels on the 0 exposure, then copy the settings to the other exposures. Export as Tiff, combine the images and then re-import into LR to finish and convert to JPEG.

Seems like this thread should have more replies since everyone has to do some sort of process for their HDR. I guess this forum is just dead besides a couple of members fighting

Whether or not you use the RAWs as your base depends a lot on how close to proper exposure your RAWs are to begin with. I often try my luck with the RAWs to save a bit of time and then go process them first to TIFFs if it didn't work out.

correct a few issues in RAW; ie. CA, or spotting, apply the "fix" to all exposures in the series, save as TIFF, files. Move to the HDR software needed for the image. Save as TIFF and then make more creative decisions with PS.

I use RAWs to create the HDR and then photoshop from there.

Personally, I will create the HDR with the raw files in HDR Darkroom and just edit the final image in CS4.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back